Thursday, June 20, 2019

Banks Lake Archipelago - June 3, 2019

I have been drawn to these islands since I first saw them last November when I paused at the lake after hiking Northrup Canyon. They are Ice Age floods exhumed granitic rock which form a magical labyrinth just north of Steamboat Rock. The contrast with the surrounding basalt cliffs is striking.
Kay and I were joined by good friends Michael & Kathy who were as entranced by this unique environment as we were.








Steamboat Rock in the distance.

 Kay and I loved the fragrance that accompanied the visual beauty of this bay.



Castle Rock rises in the distance.











Steamboat Rock loomed above us as we rounded the lower end of the archipelago.


 The complete set of pics from our adventure can be found at the following link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pzVp85FwRGHAzbxS7



No comments: